Wednesday, October 19, 2011

You and Me

For the past several years we've made our annual trek to Knoebels Phall Phun Phest. Last year, our daughter, Elizabeth, came with us. My sister, Terry, likes to ride the Fandango, but it's a bit much for the rest of us. (I can't do spinning rides - bummer) It was so much fun for Terry to have a flying companion!!

I like the challenge of designing layouts around several challenges. This page incorporates the Layout Friday Challenge over at Bo Bunny ~ dimension, Bird is the Word ~ "You and Me," along with the sketch from Punky Scraps.

Here is my layout:


I've been wanting to touch base with my distressed/funky style and complete a
challenge over at Punky Scraps, and am finally joining in on their fun by
using this fabulous challenge sketch by their talented Marie:

Techniques:

Dimensional Ribbon: The Pink Punch ribbon was a little brighter than the pink in the photo, so I toned it down by using a sponge applicator to rub Pumice Stone Distress Ink onto the ribbon. When dry I randomly twisted and scrunched the ribbon across the page and used mini staples to secure it to the page.

Dimensional Border: I went to my stash to find beads and wire jewelry findings. I used alcohol ink to color the wire pieces and alter the color on the flower eyelet blending the inks to get pink and dark teal. I adhered the pieces by stitching through them into a variety of patterns that I randomly created with my piercing tool. I also used my handy dandy Big Bite to set the snaps.

Chipboard: One of the things I enjoy about the Naked Chipboard, is that I can alter it to go with any layout. Here I painted it pink, then sprayed the back of the punchinella with temporary adhesive and stuck it to the chipboard, which I then painted with brown metallic paint. In removing the punchinella from the larger chipboard it peeled off some of the paint down to the raw chipboard. (I had made a mistake and put a couple extra coats of pink paint on the larger chipboard, making it softer and easier to "damage.") This was a happy mistake that I liked since I was going for a distressed look. I took my piercing tool to the arrow pieces and exposed portions of raw chipboard on these pieces as well.

Punchinella Texture: I cut a 12 inch length of the round punchinella and adhered it across my page with temporary adhesive and used a creamy yellow paint to add this distressed texture to my LO. I did not paint all the way to the edge so the dots would fade out in a distressed kind of way.

Funky Title: To go with the distressed look, I wanted a bold and funky title. I simply used a pencil to sketch out the title on my layout. I used two shades of copics markers to color the letters. Since I only have 6 copics, the color wasn't quite right, so I went over the letters with a teal Prismacolor pencil and blending pencil giving them just the right color. One of our daughter's enjoys art and discovered the Moo Eraser. It erases pencil marks without any damage to the paper. If you like to sketch things out on your layouts, and have trouble removing the tell tale signs, this is a product you will want to try. They are available in art supply stores.

Misting: I had fun misting and ink dropping on this page. For the larger drops I removed the sprayer from the bottle and flicked ink from the bottom of the sprayer onto the layout. Thanks Amanda for sharing the ink flicking technique with me!

Paper
Bo Bunny Et Cetera ~ Geography
Bo Bunny Time Piece Collection ~ Note Worthy Journal Card

Embellishments
Bo Bunny ~ Double Dot Ribbon ~ Pink Punch
Bo Bunny ~ Double Dot Chipboard ~ Bare Naked
Beads and Ribbon Slide ~ stash

Technique Products
Copic Sketch markers ~ B34 Manganese Blue, B 37 Antwerp Blue
Prismacolor Pencils and Blending Pencil
Punchinella ~ Squares - a gift from my scrappy friend, Mandy
Punchinella ~ Round - a gift from my scrappy friend, Robin
Zig Millennium 05 ~ Pure Blue
Zig Writer ~ Pure Blue
DMC Embroidery Floss #3808
Glimmer Mist ~ Turquoise Blue
Smooch Spritz ~ Log Cabin
DecoArt Acrylic Paint ~ Buttercream
DecoArt Dazzling Metallics ~ Renaissance Brown
Making Memories Scrapbook Colors ~ Fresh Anthology Deep Coral
Ranger Alcohol Ink ~ Snow Cap, Pink Sherbet, Denim, Pool
Ranger Distress Ink ~ Pumice Stone

Tools
Idea-ology ~ Mini Stapler and Staples
Crop-A-Dile II ~ Big Bite
In Stitch'z Piercing tool and mat
Tonic Studios Scissors
Fiskars ~ Softgrip Craft Knife
Fiskars ~ Self Healing Rotating Mat
Moo Eraser

I've also entered this layout in the following:
Scrapbook Sisters Challenge#6 - Shapes - Using circles ~ Photo, Journal spot, paint strip, snaps (November 6)

Thanks for stopping by! I treasure your comments.

~ Blessings ~

31 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos and loving the ribbons! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you use so many different techniques and textures.. how wonderful the end result is. and what fabulous photos to have too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey,

    Beautiful layout, I've been MIA and had to catch up looking at the amazing works of art you've created. Gorgeous and the detail just shines of the love you put into each page.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!!! I'm loving your paintwork...such a cool page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so, so wonderfully creative. I adore the wire working and beading you included on this engaging, original, beautiful page. Stellar work, my friend!

    Thank you very much for your comment on my autumn card today, I sincerely appreciate it.


    Big hugs & joyful Thursday wishes,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Tracey, I love the background and the treatment to your photo, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool!! I really like the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I particularly like the yellow punchinella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracey! Thank you for your sweet comment and thank you for sharing these interesting techniques with us!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another wonderful page with so much to look at...and learn from! Thanks for taking the time to leave all your lovely comments on my blog
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of color and things. Love the distressed chipboard. Sometimes these so called mistakes are the takes. Or sometimes... almost always. :)

    Like how you used the sketch to create a layout with action round and round.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout and so much detail. I'm glad you added the extra photos, beautiful work! Have a great weekend!
    Trish Munro

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful LO Tracey! I love all the metal you incorporated in the stitching and the way you used the ribbon. So creative.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Tracey loving so much about this - especially the texture! Thanks so much for playing at Bird is the Word!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The picture is super, love your layout, especially all the different elements, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your layout! The background, all the details....everything is super! Thanks for playing with us at Punky Scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. excellent small details on this LO. I love it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great!! i LOVE all the details :) :)
    thanks for playing along with us at Punky Scraps!!

    Nat - owner xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI Tracey~ I am playing catch up & so glad I am finally here to your blog. You always have a way of inspiring & informing while keeping me in awe.
    I think this layout is terrific. All your techniques & the dimensionality of it all is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Love all the texture and techniques here! Fab pics too! TFS & great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Stacey, love all the techniques and the dimensional border...Very cool!! love the fun picture! Beautiful work Dear!! Take Care!
    Thanks for playing along at Bird is the word!!
    Hugs and Blessings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great great page!
    I love all techniques you used!
    tks for playing along at BITW
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful layout Tracey.....wonderful detail! Thankyou so much for explaining the techniques you have used, so many great ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. brilliant and numerous techniques to make a great page! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. very creative layouts for BITW..thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome painting technique and stitching. Really fun and punky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a cute layout!! Love the fun pics!! Thanks for playing along with us at Punky Scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Incorporating the circles and the ribbon set this layout in motion! Very cool. Thanks for submitting to Punky Scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So creative and fun! Love the twisted ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this and all the techniques you used!! I actually thought it was digital for a second because it seems so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a message! I treasure your comments.